Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I Said I'd Let You Know

So, I told you once we got our new washer set up, I'd let you know how things were going.

Well, it's different. These high-efficiency washers load differently, you use soap differently, they work differently. I think we've kinda figured things out. We've run several different types of loads through it, and it seems to do okay.

I have discovered, though, that if you know you have some stains, you better pretreat those suckers. These types of washers use far less water, so you don't have your clothes necessarily covered by water through the wash cycle. And yes, that is going to mean it doesn't clean quite so effectively. I had a small tomato sauce stain on a white sock (it's a long story), and while the wash cycle improved it, it didn't come all the way clean.

So, plenty of Shout will be on hand from here on out. Just like Tears for Fears sang back in the 1980s, "Shout ... shout ... get those stains out. These are the stains I can do without ... Come on!"


No comments:

Post a Comment